Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Surprise

Last night Hayden asked Mark if he could come pick her up from school one day, he told her that if it rained on his job that he might be able to pick her up today.  She told him that he had to come by himself and he had to drive his red truck and bring Rowdy and Sue too, so she can show her teachers.  So when she woke up this morning and realized he had gone to work, she looked at me with those pitiful little eyes and said "but Mommy he said if it rained he would be able to pick me up from school".  I told her that he had to go check on his job and he should be back home in time to pick her up and boy was I hoping he would make it otherwise Mommy would be in big trouble for telling a story!  

Mark called me at 10am and asked what time she had to be picked up by and I thought oh no, he isn't going to make it, but he did.  He was here in plenty of time to load up both the dogs and go pick up his little princess.  I wish I could see her face when she comes out the door of preschool and finds her Daddy waiting to pick her up with Rowdy and Sue. 

Mrs. Christie told Mark when she put Hayden in the truck that she had told everybody at the Preschool today that her Daddy was coming to pick her up and they were going hunting! I can just hear her talking to her class and teachers, it probably went something like this...Well actually(this is one of her new favorite words) my daddy is coming to pick me up today in his red truck, with Ms. Sue and Rowdy and then we are going to go to the Good Hope Store and get me a biscuit(Mark always stops and gets biscuits when they go hunting on the weekends) and then we are going hunting!

He plans to take her to the Good Hope Store and get some lunch, I don't think she will get to get that chicken biscuit but maybe she will settle for something else.  Then they are going to Cy's house to let Rowdy and Sue run for a little while, instead of hunting, but she really won't know the difference.  Mark asked me if I wanted him to come back by the house to get Gracie and myself to go too, but I told him to ask Hayden what she wanted to do.  Hayden decided that she wanted to have Daddy all to herself this afternoon and that is perfectly fine with Mommy and Gracie. She is definitely a Daddy's girl and I think it is so SWEET!

Mark is such a great Daddy.  I am so glad that he loves spending time with his girls on his days off work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment