Monday, May 17, 2010

Field Day


Today was Field Day at Preschool...I decided that Gracie was going to go visit Nana and Steve, so that Hayden could have me all to herself today.  I also know that Gracie would have been right in the middle of Hayden's field day, trying to keep up with her big sister.  Hayden was excited as always when she saw me waiting to go play all the games with her.  It was a pretty neat little field day and thank goodness it was inside.  They had a jumping thing(that is Hayden's description of it), the parachute, sack races, ring toss, and some kind of baseball game...the kids used the noodles that you use in swimming pools and tried to hit balls with them.  They set it up very organized, each group had approximately 5 minutes at each station, so I am guessing that you know by now that 5 minutes in the jumping thing was definitely not enough for Hayden.  After every station she wanted to know why she couldn't go jump again. 

Once our time was up at Field Day it was time to have the End of the Year Party.  Mrs. Christie and Mrs. Sue took all the boys and girls back to the classroom for about 30 minutes while some of the Mommies went to get pizza for lunch...The rest of us Mommies went on to the Fellowship Hall, the kids seem to not listen to Mrs. Christie as well when us parents are in there...And that is when Hayden got the BIGGEST SURPRISE ever, her Daddy showed up, he figured I wouldn't have my phone, so he just went straight to her classroom.  He said that her face was totally priceless when he opened the door, she got up off the floor and ran as fast as she could to him, screaming DADDY you made it!!!  He said that he actually almost cried she made him feel so special and loved.  Then he surprised me as well because I had no idea that he was at the school and I was scared to call him, thinking that he was just going to tell me that he couldn't make it.  When he walked  it pretty much made my day as well because I knew just how much it meant to our little girl. 

After the pizza party, Mrs. Christie decided that we could all go play on the playground, so Hayden wanted Mark to help her across the monkey bars and once he helped her, he had to help about 10 other little ones across, it's a good thing he such a good sport!  Hayden also got captured by Luke and Paxton a couple of times, apparently Hayden and Kierstin are on a team and the boys are on a team and they try to capture each other.  It was quite entertaining watching them run around the playground screaming as loud as they could.

As if our day wasn't full of fun already, we also had ballet, so Mark got to watch his little ballerina at her best today.  There is something about someone new going with me, she just can't help herself from showing off a little.  I hope that she has that same feeling on Saturday when she is up on the big stage in front of all of her family...and shows them just what she has learned!  I guess we will just have to see what happens, either way I will be the proudest Mommy ever!

Next on the list was to go pick up our other little girl, and she was very pleased to see us.  She was standing at the door looking out when we pulled into Nana's driveway, we could hear screaming Daddy when we opened the car doors.  We have two little girls that love their Daddy very much!   Gracie had a great time at Nana's house and Hayden played for a little while, and then I told her that we had to go home and get ready for another busy day tomorrow!  Tomorrow is WATER DAY at school.  I asked Hayden if I needed to take Gracie back to Nana's tomorrow and she said NO that she wanted Gracie to come to her school.  She truly is a thoughtful big sister. 

Until tomorrow....


This is from this weekend...I thought Pop would like this one:

Jumping thing:

One, Two, Three....GO!

Trying to WIN:

Trying not to get captured:

He really is the best Daddy:

This is one of the other teachers squirting water on the kids, I guess that is one way to cool them off:

No comments:

Post a Comment