Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Gracie is 7!

Today is such a wonderful day....My smiling, happy angel is 7 years old today!  I say it every year so I have to say it again.  Gracie Leigh came into the world smiling and still continues to keep that beautiful smile on her face every day.  She has an amazing smile.  She can light up my heart and a room with just one smile.   She is also my silly girl.  This is very surprising for most people but Gracie is a goof ball at home.  Recently Aunt Kim and Uncle Artie got to witness some of this.  She is a mess in her comfort zone.  This little girl of mine loves riding horses, playing piano and playing school.   She is loving the first grade.  She is making great grades and so proud of herself for it.  She was disappointed last week that she made a 90 on her reading test instead of a 100.  I told her an A is an A no matter what, but I was glad that she cares. 


Gracie is really growing up on me.  She has always been my baby girl; the one that loves to sit in my lap and snuggle.  She now wants to do her own hair, which is hard with all the curls....so we have to compromise on that one.  She gets up to an alarm clock and fixes her own breakfast.  She loves to play in her room and make big messes but she really, really, really dislikes cleaning up her mess.  This is the only thing she gets in trouble for! 

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl.  Daddy and I love you to the moon and back and infinity.  You are a beautiful, sweet, caring, sometimes assertive, strong minded, happy, and silly girl. You bring so much joy to our lives and we are so excited for all your accomplishments this year at school and riding lessons.  You keep reaching high and aim for the stars baby!  We love you!

We are having a big pool party this year with all of the first graders. I have lots of RSVPs already.  This is her first big party with school friends and I just know she is going to love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment